PHILIPPINES | Philippine Province Receives Profession of 12 New Members
On September 28, 2020, Feast of San Lorenzo Ruiz De Manila and Companion Martyrs, the Priestly Fraternities of Saint Dominic in the Philippines welcomed a retired bishop and eleven diocesan priests into their brotherhood. Their promise of commitment to live the Dominican way of life was received by the fr. Napoleon B. Sipalay Jr., OP, Prior Provincial of the Dominican Province of the Philippines, through the Rite of Profession within the Holy Mass held at Santo Domingo Church, Quezon City.
The newly professed members are as follows:
Bishop-Emeritus of the Diocese of Novaliches
1. Most Rev. Teodoro C. BACANI, DD
From the Chapter-in-Formation of the Priory of St. Thomas:
2. Fr. Jose Francisco C. SYQUIA, Archdiocese of Manila
3. Fr. Julius R. DE SAGUN, Diocese of Imus
4. Fr. Richard P. LAGOS, Diocese of San Jose, Nueva Ecija
5. Fr. Jerome ROSALINDA, Diocese of Novaliches
6. Fr. Rufino C. SESCON Jr., Archdiocese of Manila
7. Fr. Rufo Ramil H. CRUZ, Diocese of San Jose, Nueva Ecija
From the Chapter-in-Formation the Prelature of Batanes:
8. Fr. Romel C. CRUZ
9. Fr. Aldred G. HORDOÑEZ
10. Fr. Dioscoro D. LAYUG
11. Fr. Ramon C. TURINGAN Jr.
12. Fr. Benjamin B. VALENCIA
During his homily, Fr. Sipalay said that it is a great blessing for the Order of Preachers to receive twelve (12) new brothers into the fraternities. He also asked the new members to challenge the Church and the Order with their gifts in preaching.